Removing Carpet Stains
- When a spot or stain occurs, first and foremost, ACT QUICKLY! The longer a spot or stain remains in the carpet or upholstery, the harder it is to get out.
- Use clean, white towels and blot the stain to absorb as much liquid or scrape up as much solid material as you can. Don't over scrub.
- Apply the appropriate spot remover as directed for each type of stain.
- Always work toward the center of the spot when cleaning.
- Repeat steps, if necessary, and always blot between steps with a clean white towel.
- ALWAYS DO A TEST SPOT REMOVAL on a portion of carpet or upholstery that is not normally visible. Be careful not to scrub too hard or over wet.
- NEVER USE BLEACH. If you have any doubts or an encounter a difficult stain, call us at (925) 833-0480 or (510) 745-8245 for professional service. That's what we're here for!
Here is a useful home remedy for spot cleaning:
Add 1 teaspoon liquid detergent, 1 teaspoon ammonia to 1 quart warm water. Wear safety goggles when pouring ammonia and NEVER add ammonia and bleach together! We can supply you with a great spotter as well - just ask!